Top 10 Spring Break Shopping Tips: Your Helpful Guide
By Editorial Staff
Here’s a list of the spring break shopping tips for you
Spring break has finally arrived, which means it’s time to hit the mall for some open-toed shoes and cute dresses in your favorite spring colors. Whether you’re staying in town or planning a fun spring break vacation, you’ll want to shove your snow boots and fleece jackets to the back of the closet until winter returns.
Spring break shopping trips aren’t always fun, especially if you’re dragging along small children or significant others who would rather be doing something else.
Follow these top ten spring break shopping tips below to stay sane while you spend your hard-earned dollars. Of course, you can always shop online and save your spring break excursions for the beach, the park, and other points of recreation.
Before you continue reading about the Top 10 Spring Break Shopping Tips: Your Helpful Guide there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
Determined to hit the mall? Here are my top ten spring break shopping tips.
10. Wear comfortable shoesSure, it’s nice to look cute in your boots or high heels, but your feet will be in excruciating pain after a few hours of shopping. Wear tennis shoes, clogs, or flip-flops. If you still want to look stylish, pair a glittery pair of flip-flops with your favorite skirt or dress.
9. Stay hydratedBring an inspiring water bottle or a thermos filled to the brim with ice-cold H2O. Make sure to take frequent drinks to avoid getting dehydrated. Yes, you really can get dehydrated just from shopping. I doubt you want to explain that to the paramedics, so drink your water.
8. Pack a snackFill your purse, backpack, or pockets with healthy single-serve snacks such as almonds, crackers with peanut butter, carrots, and pretzels. It’ll keep you from wasting all your money on calorie-laden foods at the mall.
7. Take frequent breaks
Malls and shopping centers have benches, chairs, and couches for a reason. Don’t be afraid to sit down and rest for a minute.
6. Split upIf you are shopping with older children or your significant other, split up for 30 minutes or an hour, then meet back up to shop together. This ensures that everybody gets to spend time together while still getting a chance to look at whatever sparks their interest. It also helps prevent arguments.
5. Be a touristDon your tackiest outfit, complete with oversized shades, and pretend you’re a tourist. Feel free to adopt a fake accent. Encourage your kids or shopping buddies to play along.
4. Buy souvenirsSick of hearing about all the fun places everybody is going for spring break while you’re stuck at home? Buy postcards and other memorabilia from your own city. Mail the postcards, and give the souvenirs to your friends when they return. “Oh, you bought me a shot glass from Cancun? Wait until you see the awesome gift I got you on my vacation”. Keep a straight face as you present your friend with the souvenir you bought them on your “vacation”.
3. Keep the kids entertainedKeep your children (and maybe your husband) entertained by making shopping fun. Have them see who can find the most women wearing green shirts or shopping bags from a particular place. The winner gets a gift card to their favorite store.
2. Avoid peak periodsWant to shop in peace and quiet? One of the best shopping tips is to avoid shopping centers or retail establishments on weekends or weeknights. Monday morning is usually the best time if you want to beat the crowds.
1. Burn calories while you shop
Spring break means that summer is right around the corner. You want to look hot in your bikini or swim trunks, right? Make every shopping trip count. Power walk around the car. Skip the elevator and take the stairs. Park in the spot furthest from the entrance.
Popular Savings Offers
Contributed by Missy Nolan, Catalogs.com Top 10 Guru
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids